Re: [7.4] statistics collector: Protocol not supported - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [7.4] statistics collector: Protocol not supported
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:32:18PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> I suspect it might be because I'm running in a jail'd environment, but
>> what should I be looking at to confirm?
>>
>> could not create socket for statistics collector: Protocol not supported

> You probably shouldn't worry about it.  Maybe this message could
> be made more clear too.
> It probably does socket(AF_INET6), which fails, and gives the
> above message, and then tries socket(AF_INET) which works.

If you don't see something about "disabling statistics collector for
lack of working socket" then there's no reason to worry.

I'm surprised you don't see any similar message about failing to create
an IPv6 postmaster listen socket though?