Re: [7.4] statistics collector: Protocol not supported - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kurt Roeckx
Subject Re: [7.4] statistics collector: Protocol not supported
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:32:18PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I suspect it might be because I'm running in a jail'd environment, but
> what should I be looking at to confirm?
>
> could not create socket for statistics collector: Protocol not supported

You probably shouldn't worry about it.  Maybe this message could
be made more clear too.

It probably does socket(AF_INET6), which fails, and gives the
above message, and then tries socket(AF_INET) which works.

Kurt