Re: [External] LIMIT not showing all results - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [External] LIMIT not showing all results
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/5/19 3:18 PM, Matthew Pounsett wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 18:09, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
>

>     If you're planninng to install (the same version of) FreeBSD on
>     the original server hardware, then rsync'ing back from the new
>     system should be fine.  But Debian<->FreeBSD is gonna be trouble
>     in either direction.
>

> But I'm specifically NOT talking about doing an rsync to get the data
> back.. the plan is to use in-protocol replication.  Maybe that's a
> distinction without a difference, but that's why I brought it up.
>
> The replication documentation, and more specifically the pg_basebackup
> documentation, makes no mention of cross-OS replication as being a
> problem for any reason.  If that is expected to be a problem, then
> perhaps that should be updated?

Generally covered under:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/warm-standby.html#STANDBY-PLANNING

"It is usually wise to create the primary and standby servers so that
they are as similar as possible, at least from the perspective of the
database server."

You are using binary replication so binary differences come into play.

That is why later versions(10+) grew logical replication:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/logical-replication.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com