Re: Doc fixes and improvements - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Doc fixes and improvements
Date
List pgsql-docs
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> On 29 August 2010 22:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What your changes seem to
>> accomplish is to take the <simplelist> and <informaltable> constructs
>> outside any <para>, but what is the point of that?

> Well, those can be in their own <para> container too, although I don't
> think that's an issue.

> But I shalln't pursue it further if you think there's really no issue.

Well, I don't know --- I'm no SGML expert, and I'm not sure whether
there's a preferred style for that.  But I see in a quick grep that
every occurrence of <simplelist> in our docs, and all but a few
occurrences of <informaltable>, are within paras with some surrounding
text, in precisely the same style as here.  So if this needs to be
changed then it needs to be changed in a lot of places.  I'm disinclined
to mess with it unless there's a pretty concrete reason to do so.

            regards, tom lane