Re: Should we make Bitmapsets a kind of Node? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Should we make Bitmapsets a kind of Node?
Date
Re: Should we make Bitmapsets a kind of Node?  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:01 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We do still have x86 in the buildfarm, as well as some other
>> 32-bit platforms, so I don't agree that it's that much less
>> tested than non-mainstream 64-bit platforms.

> I don't know anybody that still runs Postgres
> (or anything like it) on a 32-bit platform. I think that Michael
> Paquier owns a Raspberry Pi zero, but that hardly counts.

Hmph ... three of my five buildfarm animals are 32-bit, plus I
have got 32-bit OSes for my Raspberry Pi ;-).  Admittedly, none
of those represent hardware someone would put a serious database
on today.  But in terms of testing diversity, I think they're
a lot more credible than thirty-one flavors of Linux on x86_64.