Re: Is there any method to keep table in memory at startup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is there any method to keep table in memory at startup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vinay Jain <vinayj@sarathi.ncst.ernet.in> writes:
> Not actually even in Hindi Locale the output was incorrect..i.e. sort
> order was wrong
> and also length and substring operations
> which are not based on syllables.

Hm, possibly you weren't using the same character set encoding that the
locale was expecting?  It's not very well documented, but every locale
setting works only with a specific encoding.

If the locale definition really is wrong for your purposes, it seems
like what you want to do is write a new locale definition that does what
you want.  Then you could use it with any Unix program, not only
Postgres.  (I've never done this, but I can't see that it would be any
harder than writing C code inside Postgres to do it ...)