Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> On 3/2/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I think this explains the trigger that was blowing up my FC4 box.
>>
>> I dug in the archives a bit and couldn't find the report you're
>> referring to?

> I was referring to this:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-02/msg01418.php

Oh, the kernel-panic thing.  Hm, I wouldn't have thought that replacing
a file at a huge rate would induce a kernel panic ... but who knows?
Do you want to try installing the one-liner patch and see if the panic
goes away?

Actually I was wondering a bit if that strange Windows error discussed
earlier today could be triggered by this behavior:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-03/msg00000.php

            regards, tom lane