Re: French PDF manual - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: French PDF manual
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Well, you can go into the documentation source directory and type 'make
>> postgres.xml' to get an XML formatted DocBook file automatically.
>>
>> It has occasionally been suggested to convert the source of the
>> documentation to XML, but while I'm not opposed to that, I don't see
>> any specific advantages coming from such a move.

> It would allow us to use xml2po to maintain translations, for one.

Sounds like you can use that today, if you want to; it's just one extra
step.  But would it really be helpful on the documentation?  I see where
.po works for a lot of short, independent error messages, but I don't
see it being real useful for big manuscripts.

            regards, tom lane