Re: BUG #7493: Postmaster messages unreadable in a Windows console - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7493: Postmaster messages unreadable in a Windows console
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Law <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> Please look at the following l10n bug:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/502A26F1.6010109@gmail.com
> and the proposed patch.

That patch looks entirely unsafe to me.  Neither of those functions
should be expected to be able to run when none of our standard
infrastructure (palloc, elog) is up yet.

Possibly it would be safe to do this somewhere around where we do
GUC initialization.