Re: September 2012 commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: September 2012 commitfest
Date
Re: September 2012 commitfest  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> The commitfest currently in progress seems to have ground to a halt.

Indeed :-(.  I plead guilty as much as anybody else to not making it
a high priority.  But do we even have anyone acting as commitfest
manager?  Periodic nagging seems to be necessary to move things forward.

> Patches in "Ready for committer" state:
> * Array ELEMENT Foreign Keys
> * Updatable views
> * plpgsql_check_function
> * parallel pg_dump
> * embedded list interface
> * Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink

I have fairly strong opinions about the first three, and will endeavor
to work on them next.

IIRC, the parallel pg_dump one is said to need review by a Windows
expert, which is not me, so I've not looked at it.

I'm not sure that the embedded list one can honestly be said to be ready
for commit considering the lack of consensus on it, but we seem to be
making some progress anyway.

I'm not sure if the validator change is noncontroversial or not ---
I seem to recall that Peter and I had different opinions about how to do
that.