Re: plpython does not honour max-rows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpython does not honour max-rows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 2 May 2023, at 16:02, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I wonder whether the similar plperl and pltcl wrappers are also
>> documentation-shy here.

> It seems like they are all a bit thin on explaining this.  The attached diff
> copies the wording (which unsurprisingly is pretty good IMO) into the
> plperl/python/tcl documentation.

Ah, seems like we set to work on this at the same time :-(

I thought that s/max-rows/limit/ would be a good idea, mainly because
plperl's spi_exec_prepared uses that name as a caller-exposed hash key.
I'm not especially concerned about the wording otherwise.

            regards, tom lane