Re: pgsql: Fix some trailing whitespace in documentation files - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix some trailing whitespace in documentation files
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 08:57:23PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> Mildly on-topic: Has the topic of a pgindent like process for docs been
>> discussed at some point? The archives didn't turn up anything for me.

> I don't remember any discussion of that.  We have 'make check-tabs' for
> SGML files, but that's about it.

I've pushed a patch to remove the remaining trailing whitespace.

I thought about adjusting 'make check-tabs' to know about that rule,
but on the whole I'm inclined to remove it instead.  The modern
technology for this is "git diff --check" and variants of that,
and I'm not sure why we should maintain a less-flexible alternative.
(It'd be one less headache for the meson conversion, too.)

            regards, tom lane