Re: Instability in TRUNCATE regression test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Instability in TRUNCATE regression test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If this were a significant risk wouldn't we have seen many such failures
> before now?

Hard to tell.  It's possibly architecture-dependent, for one thing
(MAXALIGN will affect space availability).  Since this happened in a
parallel regression run, it could also be a matter of timing relative to
the concurrent tests.  I've often thought that we are not getting as much
mileage out of the parallel-testing facility as we could, because it's
really not exercising variations in timing all that much.  It'd be
interesting to throw in a small random delay at the start of each member
of a concurrent set of tests.