Re: PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order
Date
List pgsql-admin
Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@it-management.at> writes:
> On Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 jkohlmeier@pronet-systeme.de wrote:
>> I need a sort where �==ss and � ==ae.

> If you find a solution, I would be interested, too.

What you'd need is a locale definition that acts that way.

If that is a common understanding of the meaning of sorting in German,
I'd imagine someone has made one up --- but a PG list is the wrong place
to be asking about it.  We just use the operating system's locale
facilities, we don't write our own.  You'd want to find some libc or
libintl hackers ...

            regards, tom lane