Re: Future Non-server Windows support??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Haught
Subject Re: Future Non-server Windows support???
Date
Re: Future Non-server Windows support???  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 3/7/2019 8:29 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Bill Haught schrieb am 07.03.2019 um 20:41:
>> "...most Windows 95 applications still run fine in Windows 10 -
>> that's 20 years of binary compatibility"  See Major Linux Problems on
>> the Desktop, 2018 edition by Artem S. Tashkinov
>> https://itvision.altervista.org/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
>>

>> I really wish Linux or Linux plus Darling was a real alternative to
>> Winblows.
>
> On the server, Linux definitely *is* a real alternative to Windows
>

> My 0.02€
>
> Thomas

In the case of servers, I thought it was the other way around.  Last I
heard they were neck-and-neck after Linux being overwhelmingly in the
lead for at least something like the first decade of the (at least
"public") Internet.

Like why would anyone choose Winbloz *if* you don't *have* too, I have
no idea.