Re: Increase psql's password buffer size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Increase psql's password buffer size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> At least two cloud providers are now stuffing large amounts of
> information into the password field. This change makes it possible to
> accommodate that usage in interactive sessions.

Like who?  It seems like a completely silly idea.  And if 2K is sane,
why not much more?

(I can't say that s/100/2048/ in one place is a particularly evil change;
what bothers me is the likelihood that there are other places that won't
cope with arbitrarily long passwords.  Not all of them are necessarily
under our control, either.)