Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: sslcompression / PGSSLCOMPRESSION not behaving as documented?
Date
List pgsql-general
Maciek Sakrejda <maciek@heroku.com> writes:
> I'm having a hard time getting SSL compression working (or even figuring
> out why it's not working) with my local Postgres server. The setting [1] is
> documented to default to on, but according to the banner when I connect
> with psql, it's off.

Possibly you have the same type of problem mentioned here:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevEytxEQtbMeuKpJ8tYjeeB37mzDQ7BASzEZN6EgcGrdZxA@mail.gmail.com

although Ubuntu may well have done it a bit differently than Red Hat,
ie the way to override openssl's default behavior might be different.

            regards, tom lane