Re: pg_regress: dbname in PostgreSQL test suite - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_regress: dbname in PostgreSQL test suite
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen.Austvik@Sun.COM> writes:
> pg_regress has a --dbname option (which actually take a list of database
> names):

>    --dbname=DB               use database DB (default \"regression\")

> ... but the PostgreSQL regression test suite does not really support this:

That option is intended for running other sets of regression tests
(eg, the contrib ones are customarily run in contrib_regression).
I see zero value in trying to make the standard tests run under
some other database name.