Re: Buglist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Buglist
Date
List pgsql-general
"Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> writes:
> On 19 Aug 2003 at 13:32, Bo Lorentsen wrote:
>> Where do I find a list of bugs both found and solved, or will I need to
>> ask on the pgsql-bugs list to know the answer ?

> Well, you could look at release notes. That contains lot of information. Of
> course archives of pgsql-bugs and pgsql-patches are the ultimate unless you
> plan to delve into CVS history and sources..

Also the pgsql-committers archives.  (Personally, when I want to look at
a change history, I use cvs2cl to extract one from the CVS server.)  The
release notes are a good high-level view, but if you want details you
need to look to the mailing list archives or CVS logs.

BTW, lots of people have the bad habit of reporting bugs on -general or
-hackers; there are significant bug fixes that never get a mention in
the -bugs list.  So you really have to troll all the archives if you are
going to use the archives as your primary source.  CVS change history
might be a better starting point.

            regards, tom lane