Re: Regression test fails v9.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Manning John
Subject Re: Regression test fails v9.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
>> [regression tests have different plans or row orderings]

>> It seems that the problem only occurs when configuring the make
>> with these settings :
>>
>> --with-libraries=/lib64 --with-blocksize=2 --with-wal-blocksize=2

>> is this problem common, i.e. the expected results files need to
>> be changed ... ?

>I don't find it too surprising that a different page size could
>cause different plans to be chosen or different row orderings.
>After verifying that the differences are benign, you could add
>alternative "expected" files for your build environment.

>I can't help being a little curious why you are overriding these
>defaults.

Thanks Kevin, we made the changes for query performance reasons. Our schema is such that the changes above make enough
ofan impact to make it worthwhile.

I think we're now looking at a two-phase validation process; an initial regression test on any new version we take then
afurther check using our settings. I guess it's actually more useful that we must now inspect the results since it
mighthelp us to squeeze even more performance boosts out of Postgresql.

All the best, John

Unless otherwise stated, this email has been sent from Fujitsu Services Limited, from Fujitsu (FTS) Limited, or from
FujitsuTelecommunications Europe Limited, together "Fujitsu".

This email is only for the use of its intended recipient.  Its contents are subject to a duty of confidence and may be
privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this email has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.

Fujitsu Services Limited, registered in England No 96056, registered office 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW.

Fujitsu (FTS) Limited, registered in England No 03808613, registered office 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW.

PFU Imaging Solutions Europe Limited, registered in England No 1578652, registered office Hayes Park Central, Hayes End
Road,Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE.

Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Limited, registered in England No 2548187, registered office Solihull Parkway,
BirminghamBusiness Park, Birmingham, B37 7YU.