Re: Regression test fails v9.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Regression test fails v9.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Manning John <John.Manning@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> [regression tests have different plans or row orderings]

> It seems that the problem only occurs when configuring the make
> with these settings :
>
> --with-libraries=/lib64 --with-blocksize=2 --with-wal-blocksize=2

> is this problem common, i.e. the expected results files need to
> be changed ... ?

I don't find it too surprising that a different page size could
cause different plans to be chosen or different row orderings.
After verifying that the differences are benign, you could add
alternative "expected" files for your build environment.

I can't help being a little curious why you are overriding these
defaults.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company