Re: possible time change issue - known problem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: possible time change issue - known problem?
Date
Re: possible time change issue - known problem?  ("Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>)
List pgsql-general
"Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org> writes:
> Yes, as hinted in the message subject.  Hmmm, so that's how it's
> doing the math.  I would think '24 hours' would give a different
> answer to '1 day' since '1 day' is not necessarily == '24 hours'.

Type INTERVAL knows about months and seconds, nothing else.  I've
opined in the past that it should be months, days, and seconds,
but no one seems excited enough about the issue to do the nontrivial
work involved ...

            regards, tom lane