Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client
Date
In response to Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
Responses Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
List pgsql-odbc
"Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za> writes:
> This was my definition in /etc/odbc.ini:

Hm, I just noticed this bit:

> Protocol=9.4

Others with more ODBC experience can correct me, but I suspect that the
ODBC driver has no idea what to do with that value.  The PG wire protocol
hasn't changed since 7.4, and I thought that "7.4" was generally the right
thing to use there.

Also, have you tried looking into the resulting TraceFile and/or
DebugFile?  You'd probably have to modify

> DebugFile=/var/log/postgresql_debug.log

as I sure hope /var/log is not writable to you.

            regards, tom lane