Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
>> I grabbed flex and bison from GNUwin32
>> (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bison.htm)

> This appears to not work out well.  If I copy the generated files from
> bison from a linux box, then they are ok, but if I try to use ones
> generated using that version of bison, it does not compile.

Hm, have you tried diff'ing the output files from the two cases?  This
is really probably a question for the flex and bison maintainers, not
us, but it seems like it should work for moderately up-to-date versions
of those tools.  What compile failures do you get exactly?