Re: ECPG won't compile anymore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ECPG won't compile anymore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:29:10AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd be inclined to say that you don't commit until bison 1.49 is
>> officially released.  Got any idea when that will be?

> No, that's the problem. ECPG and the backend parser are running out of
> sync. After all bison's release may be later than our next one.

That would be trouble, but considering that we are not even thinking of
going beta before late August, is it really a realistic risk?  bison
seems to be making releases quite frequently lately.  They were at 1.30
back in November, according to my archives, so that's 19 releases in the
last 8 months.

If we get to August and there's no official release of bison with the
larger table size, then it will be time to worry, IMHO.