Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Date
Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> We made the mistake last time to delay the release significantly for a
> single feature. It turned out said feature didn't make it *anyway*.
> Let's not repeat that mistake.

Yeah, we've certainly learned that lesson often enough, or should I say
failed to learn that lesson?

However, HS is already in the tree, and HS without SR is a whole lot
less compelling than HS with SR.  So it's going to be pretty
unsatisfying if we can't get SR in there.

I read Robert's original question not so much as a proposal to slip the
schedule to accommodate SR as a question about whether SR could still
meet the current schedule.  I think we ought to get that answered before
we start debating schedule changes.