Re: Are Postgres 7.4.1 RPMs available for SuSE 9.0 ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gellert, Andre
Subject Re: Are Postgres 7.4.1 RPMs available for SuSE 9.0 ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello List,

> > I don't know how to contact the person who build this rpms ,
> > and i cannot find other resources on the web, so does anyone
> > know a place to get Postgres 7.4.1 RPMs for SuSE 9.0 ?
> The person is Reinhard Max.  The SuSE RPMs are considerably
> different from the
> RPMs that I produce; my RPMs are pretty well inoperable on
> SuSE.  You would
> need to get the SuSE 9.0 7.4 SOURCE RPM, edit its spec file
> for 7.4.1, and
> rebuild it using the 7.4.1 tarball.  Then you can install
> those binary RPMS.
> I have no SuSE machines on which to build, so I am unable to
> do so.  The
> contact e-mail is in the source RPM's spec file.

I guessed the mail adress and did write an email to this account
and I found Reinhard Max . ;-) The funny aspect is, that he was just
building the packages so I could through away the packages I build before.

2 Hours later the ftp.suse.com was offering the new packages, which are
running fine, here.

Thanx for help, at least I know now how to build RPMs , which are "nearly"
working ;-)

Andre