Re: Postgres "invalid page header" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres "invalid page header"
Date
List pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hubert_Fr=F6hlich?= <hubert.froehlich@bvv.bayern.de> writes:
> E.g. On a client (Athlon 1400+, 512 RAM, XFS, SuSE Linux 8.1 with 2.4.19
> kernel), I regularly crash when using
> numberOfRows=300000 and ndatabases=3

FWIW, I could not reproduce any such problem here.  I ran three test
cycles with numberOfRows=300000 and ndatabases=3 under PG 7.4.3 and
another three under CVS tip (amounting to something over six hours
total runtime).  I saw no errors whatsoever.  I was using Red Hat 8.0
with 2.4.18-24.8.0 kernel on a Dell P4 desktop machine.

I'm leaning to the theory that you've got intermittent hardware
problems.

            regards, tom lane