pgAdmin Docker gunicorn configurable --access-logfile - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Seweryn Zeman
Subject pgAdmin Docker gunicorn configurable --access-logfile
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi, me and my company is working with pgAdmin since we decided to use pgSql – mostly for development with containers. In this case Docker. While starting a docker-compose in dev mode with pgAdmin in stack we can see lots of access logs for HTTP and WS which are very irrelevant to us. This makes important logs to disappear.

Current Docker entrypoint is having launch command set to...

exec gunicorn ... --access-logfile - run_pgadmin:app

…with some parameters easily configurable via env vars.

My proposal is to also make --access-logfile configurable, like:

--access-logfile ${GUNICORN_ACCESS_LOGFILE:--}

This preserves 100% backward compability and allows users like us to set GUNICORN_ACCESS_LOGFILE=None or another file or stdout of particular PID.

--
Seweryn Zeman
CTO, Jazzy Innovations