Re: [HACKERS] SUBSCRIPTIONS and pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SUBSCRIPTIONS and pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/17/17 09:33, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> One reason is that pg_subscription is only readable by a superuser, so
>> we can't even dump them unless we're superuser.
> Sure, but that's true of roles and other things..  On a system with RLS,
> likely only the database superuser can actually read everything.

There are some concurrent discussions about getting a list of
subscriptions without having superuser.  Once that is resolved, we'll
likely have more options here, such as dumping only subscriptions you
are owner of or something like that.