Re: Locale and Initdb Errors - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Travis West
Subject Re: Locale and Initdb Errors
Date
List pgsql-novice
Yep, it was the glibc-common. I looked back through install.log and during the installation, there was an MD5 sum mismatch with that package, so it failed to install it. I downloaded it, installed it, and now postgresql starts.
Thanks.
Travis West

On 6/2/06, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
[ please cc: the list when replying, so that problems and solutions can
  be archived ]

"Travis West" < trav.west@gmail.com> writes:
> When I ran rpm -qa | grep glibc, the results were:
> glibc-2.4-4
> glibc-kernheaders-3.0-5.2
> glibc-devel-2.4-4
> glibc-headers-2.4-4

Hm, where's glibc-common?  That seems to be what you're missing, but
I would have thought it's part of the minimal install.

                        regards, tom lane