Re: WAL & ZFS - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: WAL & ZFS
Date
List pgsql-admin
> On Mar 31, 2022, at 5:09 PM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Journallng file systems journal file operations like open, close, create, extend, rename or delete, not file block
operations.File blocks are not protected by file system journalling, just the inodes. The file system journal prevents
youfrom losing files in case of sudden machine crash, like when the machine loses power. It has nothing to do with the
blockchange journaling, which is the role of WAL files.

LOL, I *knew* that about journaling file systems, thanks for reminding me!