Re: REVIEW: EXPLAIN and nfiltered - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: REVIEW: EXPLAIN and nfiltered
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Robert Haas  wrote:
>> Oh, you mean water that had some things you didn't want taken out
>> of it?
> Right -- God only knows the number of things were filtered out to
> leave me with filtered water.  What's "filtered" in this case is what
> was passed through, not what was removed.

I think it's pretty common to use the phrase "filtered out" to identify
the stuff that gets removed by the filter, as opposed to what gets
through.  So we could possibly use "Rows Filtered Out: nnn".  I still
think that's more awkward than "Rows Removed: nnn" though.