Re: Minor TODO list changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darren King
Subject Re: Minor TODO list changes
Date
Re: Minor TODO list changes  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
In my data warehousing situation, I'd like to be able to specify that
the indexes be as compact as possible (fillfactor = 100%) in order to
hit as few index pages as necessary.

For summary tables there will not be any more inserts or deletions so
the index will not change either.  In that case, there's no point to
leaving any extra room for page-splitting.

At some point it would also be nice to be able to mark tables as
read-only and then any indexes created on that table after that would
have a fillfactor of 100%.  Then I'd be able to load the table, alter it
to be read-only, then add the appropriate indexes that are automatically
compacted.

Darren