Re: PANIC: could not write to log file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cyril VELTER
Subject Re: PANIC: could not write to log file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23/11/12 17:24:48 mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote :
> "Cyril VELTER" <cyril.velter@metadys.com> writes:
> >    I follow up on my previous message. Just got two more crash today very similar to the first ones :
>
> > PANIC:  could not write to log file 118, segment 237 at offset 2686976, length 5578752: Invalid argument
> > STATEMENT:  COMMIT
> > PANIC:  could not write to log file 118, segment 227 at offset 9764864, length 57344: Invalid argument
> > STATEMENT:  COMMIT
>
> Hm, those write lengths seem rather large.  What have you got
> wal_buffers set to?  Does it help if you back it off to whatever you
> were using in the 8.2 installation?  (The default back in 8.2 days
> seems to have been 64kB, if that helps.)
  I changed wal_buffer to 64kb friday evening. It worked flawlessly this week end (but with very litlle load). I got
anotherPANIC this morning with the same kind of message, but just before there is a FATAL :
  FATAL:  could not create signal handler thread  PANIC:  could not write to log file 121, segment 168 at offset
9592832,length 8192: Invalid argument
  Unfortunatly there is no error code in the FATAL message.
  Best regards,
  cyril