Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias Schmidt
Subject Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

after beeing offline because of a chrashed box, I able to mail again.
I  would like to volunteer for the uptime() function. Is that OK?

cheers,

Matthias

Am 13.12.2004 um 03:31 schrieb Bruce Momjian:

> Matthias Schmidt wrote:

>>> A lot of the tasks listed under DATA TYPES are fairly self-contained
>>> problems ... but what draws your interest?  I think most of the tasks
>>> that are on TODO are there either because they're hard problems, or
>>> because nobody was very interested in them.  Unfortunately they are
>>> not
>>> marked as to which is which :-(.  Make a list of things you find
>>> interesting, and we can tell you if they're very hard or already
>>> claimed.
>>>
>>>             regards, tom lane
>>>

>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> this is a list of things I'm interested in:
>>
>> 1) Allow administrators to safely terminate individual sessions
>>
>>    Right now, SIGTERM will terminate a session, but it is treated as
>>    though the postmaster has paniced and shared memory might not be
>>    cleaned up properly.  A new signal is needed for safe termination.
>
> This one seems hard.
>
>> 2) Add a function that returns the 'uptime' of the postmaster
>
> Seems like a good starting point.
>
>> 3) Have SHOW ALL and pg_settings show descriptions for server-side
>> variables
>
> Also a good one for you.
>
> --
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
> 19073

Matthias Schmidt
Viehtriftstr. 49

67346 Speyer