Re: Re: BUG #5065: pg_ctl start fails as administrator, with "could not locate matching postgres executable" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: BUG #5065: pg_ctl start fails as administrator, with "could not locate matching postgres executable"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> This function call is adding the new access control entry to the DACL,
> and in Jesse's modified version it's specifying that the ACE should be
> inheritable.

Hah, so now we have a theory.

> The other refactoring is still important however - without it, I still
> see the error. I would guess that you cannot add an inheritable ACE
> once the process has been created, but I cannot say for certain.

That would make sense if the state gets copied to the process at time
of creation.  Okay, I'm satisfied that this is a believable patch...

            regards, tom lane