Re: patch for contrib/xml2 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: patch for contrib/xml2
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov@gmail.com> writes:
> Here is the patch for contrib/xml2 (attached), that:
>  - renames xml_valid() to xml_is_well_formed()
>  - adds PG_MODULE_MAGIC; at the beginning of xpath.c
>  - introduces xpath_array() function
>  - adds some words about that function and caution about libraries to README

I've applied the part of this patch that renames xml_valid() to
xml_is_well_formed(), as well as the documentation fix.  The
PG_MODULE_MAGIC problem was already fixed a few days ago.

I did not apply the addition of xpath_array, on the grounds that
it's well past feature freeze and there doesn't seem to be any
consensus in favor of adding it now.  We should revisit this in
8.3 instead.

            regards, tom lane