Re: [HACKERS] Timezone List - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Timezone List
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Timezone List  (Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de>)
List pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>>> Assuming we can sneak this in even though it's feature-freeze,
>>> want me to look for it?

>> Yeah, please take a look --- seeing the size of the code will
>> probably help us decide if it's too late for 8.2 or not.

> Here goes. Tested only on win32 so far, but works there. No docs yet
> either - need to know if it goes in first ;)

I've applied this along with some extra work to get it to show GMT
offsets and DST status, which should be useful for helping people
to choose which setting they want.  This effectively obsoletes
Table B-5 as well as B-4 in the SGML docs ... we should probably
remove both of those in favor of recommending people look at the
views.

I did the basic documentation work in catalogs.sgml for these views,
but Appendix B still needs an update.  Joachim, you were going to do
that, right?

            regards, tom lane