Re: Sequence name with SERIAL type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Sequence name with SERIAL type
Date
List pgsql-general
Marek Lewczuk <newsy@lewczuk.com> writes:
> I'm curious if the default scheme for sequence name (which is created
> with SERIAL data type) can be changed -- currently all sequences are
> named like this: <table_name>_<field_name>_seq -- can it be changed for
> e.g. <table_name>__<field_name>__seq ???

Sure ... just hack one or two places in the sources ...

That probably wasn't the answer you wanted, but I'm quite unsure what
you did want.  Are you suggesting the above would be a better default
naming scheme?  Are you saying you want user-configurability of implicit
sequence names?  In either case, what's your argument why we should
invest effort and possibly create backwards-compatibility issues?

            regards, tom lane