Re: Code examples - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Code examples
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Maybe we could set things up so that there are actual files which are
> programatically preprocessed to SGML to be included in the docs?  That
> way, the docs always reflect the actual file, which by itself is
> compilable.  The SGML source would only contain something like
> <include file="examples/foo.c" /> or something like that.

Well, if we have actual contrib modules (which is still a good idea
so that they get tested on a regular basis), I don't see any need to
copy the code into the docs at all.  The docs should just say "a working
example can be found in contrib/whatever".

            regards, tom lane