Re: Code examples - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Code examples
Date
List pgsql-docs
Tom Lane escribió:
> > Am Dienstag, 4. September 2007 02:39 schrieb Tom Lane:
> >> C code that's been hacked until it passes for SGML isn't compilable.
>
> > I don't understand this point.  Why would SGML care what the C code looks
> > like?
>
> &, <, and > need to be hacked so that SGML doesn't barf on them.
> Unfortunately, all three symbols are a bit commonplace in C code.

Maybe we could set things up so that there are actual files which are
programatically preprocessed to SGML to be included in the docs?  That
way, the docs always reflect the actual file, which by itself is
compilable.  The SGML source would only contain something like
<include file="examples/foo.c" /> or something like that.

Is that feasible?

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"No necesitamos banderas