Re: signal 11 on AIX: 7.4.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: signal 11 on AIX: 7.4.2
Date
Re: signal 11 on AIX: 7.4.2  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> The problem comes and goes. So either I can cause a coredump just on the
> snap by running a shellscript that does 100 psql -c "select version()"
> calls, or it is next to impossible to crash it at all.

Hmm, that's really bizarre.  It seems like the only satisfactory
explanation for that would involve some external condition that varies
over time.  I'm wondering about DNS lookup results in particular.
What values are you asking getaddrinfo to look up, and might those
involve consulting DNS?  If so, try to correlate the crash probability
with changes in your DNS zone contents ...