Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> - --On Friday, November 16, 2007 00:03:46 -0500 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> wrote:
>> Either that or we try to move up all supported back branches to the
>> latest autoconf version; which might be a good idea but it scares me
>> a bit.

> That would be a good idea, and really simply things ... FreeBSD seems to have
> drop'd off support for all but 2.13 and 2.61 ...

Perhaps so, but it'd cost us a fair amount of up-front work to verify
that we don't break the back branches by updating their configure
scripts.  Not something I want to touch on a last-minute basis ;-)

[ digs for a moment... ]  According to my notes we are using autoconf
2.53 for versions 7.3-8.0 and 2.59 for the later branches.  So 2.13
is already out of the picture.  It might be that 2.53 to 2.59 to 2.61
is not all that big a jump in reality, but I've got to say that it
scares me when I read commit-log entries that report ten thousand lines
worth of diffs in a 20K-line script ...