Re: patch to disallow zero length paths in binary (minor bug fix) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: patch to disallow zero length paths in binary (minor bug fix)
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> Following is a patch to force the path type not to accept a path with
> zero points.  This appears to be illegal in the parser, but possible
> when sending a well formed packed in binary with zero points.

Hmm, looks like poly_recv has the same mistake.

Ideally I think it'd be a good idea if these types did allow zero
elements, but that would clearly be a feature extension more than a bug
fix, since the implications aren't entirely obvious.  I concur with
disallowing the case for existing branches.  Will go apply.

            regards, tom lane