Re: BUG #5332: Installation weirdness - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5332: Installation weirdness
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Sivaguru Sankaridurg" <uc_regents@yahoo.com> writes:
> In Try#1, when I configure the prefix to be "/tmp/pgsql", and subsequently
> do a "gmake install", the install script creates the "internal", "server"
> and "informix" directories right under "include".

> However, in Try#2, when I configure the prefix to be "/tmp/psql" (NOT pgsql,
> but psql...or anything else) and subsequently do a "gmake install", the
> install script creates the "internal", "server" and "informix" directories
> under "include/postgres".

This is expected.  As per the comment in src/Makefile.global:

# Installation directories
#
# These are set by the equivalent --xxxdir configure options.  We
# append "postgresql" to some of them, if the string does not already
# contain "pgsql" or "postgres", in order to avoid directory clutter.

            regards, tom lane