Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance] - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Date
Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> So, can you forward us the name & e-mail of a designated technical
> contact at TurnKey?

Liraz stated that they don't package PG themselves, just redistribute
the Ubuntu package quasi-automatically.  So they have no need to be on
pgsql-packagers.

I'm a bit bemused by what our standards for linking ought to be in a
case like this.  I still don't like the notion of "we'll link to anyone
who asks", but I can't quite see what higher standard should be imposed
for a redistribution.

(BTW, do we have Ubuntu's packager on pgsql-packagers?  I've forgotten.)
        regards, tom lane