Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance] - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tuesday 09 December 2008 20:43:37 Josh Berkus wrote:
> Liraz,
>
> > Regarding security updates, anyone using TurnKey appliances is likely to
> > be ahead of the curve since we apply them automatically on a daily basis
> > from the Ubuntu security repositories. If you're wondering if it's safe
> > to do that, Ubuntu follow Debian packaging guidelines regarding security
> > updates. Security patches are backported in a way that minimizes changse
> > to the functionality of the packages. It isn't foolproof but from our
> > experience it is very rare for a security update to break your system.
>
> So, can you forward us the name & e-mail of a designated technical
> contact at TurnKey?

Since turnkey doesnt update packages themselves (they just grab ubuntu feeds),
do they need a contact for the list?  Or would that preclude them from being
listed on the download page? (I'd also note that Robert Bernier is not on
the -packagers list (afaik) , but he now has a distribution listed as well
(pg_live))

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net