Re: many animals are running old clients - Mailing list buildfarm-members

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: many animals are running old clients
Date
List buildfarm-members
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 08/29/2018 10:35 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>> It's very far from a 5 minute job on ancient Solaris boxes :-(

> Please let me know when issues like this arise.

One thing of the same ilk is that a few months ago I had to give up on
using https reporting on gaur/pademelon, and switch back to http.
I don't think that was your fault, because it was not associated with a
buildfarm client upgrade.  It appeared to me that the pginfra folk had
changed something to require newer TLS versions in https connections to
the buildfarm server.  Like Dave, I spent a fair while trying to install
new-enough Perl modules to fix that, without a lot of success: newer
Perl code doesn't compile on that platform.

It's debatable of course how much anyone cares about buildfarm animals
that are this old.  I've already shut down pademelon since its compiler
never heard of C99, and I don't see much point in running it on just
the back branches.

            regards, tom lane