Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, AFAICS the problem with controldata is that it uses postgres_fe.h
> instead of postgres.h.  It's a bit of a stretch to use the latter, but
> maybe that's a better solution?  After all, it *is* poking into the
> backend internals.

I seem to recall that Solaris had problems with that due to dtrace
support or something?  However, we are doing it in pg_resetxlog,
so I suppose it's ok for pg_controldata as well.